db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mahler <thm...@web.de>
Subject Re: CVS Build problems.
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 21:13:00 GMT
Hi Brian,

The dynamic proxy replacement actived by the preprocessor is for JDK1.2
only which did not have dynamic proxies.

But for JDK1.3 there are other preprocessor statements that deactivate
JDBC3.0 stuff.

I have no problem with replacing the old proxy stuff with a better
solution, but we should be careful not to remove the //#ifdef JDBC30
statements!

cheers,
Thomas

Brian McCallister wrote:
> We might want to consider using the cglib proxy implementation all the
> time instead of the preprocessor. i haven't tested myself, but by
> reports it is faster than the 1.4 proxy anyway.
>
> -Brian
>
> On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 04:04 PM, Thomas Mahler wrote:
>
>> Hi Charles,
>>
>> thanks for your patience ...
>>
>> Charles Anthony wrote:
>>
>>> I've just done a clean CVS update. If I do a bin\build.bat, I have
>>> two problems.
>>> 1) I need to stick with JDK13; the preprocessor flags in
>>> SQLTypeHelper are
>>> incorrect. I'm afraid I don't understand *how* the pre-processor is
>>> supposed
>>> to work - I'm guessing that if -JDBC30, it should comment out
>>> everything
>>> between a //#ifdef JDB30 and //#endif. It doesn't seem to be doing
>>> this.
>>> I've just manually commented out those sections, and it compiles.
>>> Thomas (or
>>> someone), could you explain how the CodeSwitcher works, and how it
>>> should be
>>> used.
>>

>> some time ago i put it those //#ifdefs and checked that everything
>> works under JDK 1.3 and 1.2.
>> Unfortunately the preprocessor is quite stupid. I only recognizes
>> these statements if they start directly in the first positio of a > line.
>> In the course of some reformatting of the code the //#ifdefs got
>> indented and the preprocessor does simply ignore them...
>>
>> I've just fixed it in CVS and did a full JDK1.3 Junit run. everything
>> should be fine now (at least until the next code formatting...)
>>
>>> 2) target check-jdo-classes is not the depends of "main", and yet
>>> org.apache.ojb.jdo depends upon the JDO classes, and is part of the