db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mahler <thm...@web.de>
Subject Re: CVS Build problems.
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:04:18 GMT
Hi Charles,

thanks for your patience ...

Charles Anthony wrote:
> I've just done a clean CVS update.
>
> If I do a bin\build.bat, I have two problems.
>
> 1) I need to stick with JDK13; the preprocessor flags in SQLTypeHelper are
> incorrect. I'm afraid I don't understand *how* the pre-processor is supposed
> to work - I'm guessing that if -JDBC30, it should comment out everything
> between a //#ifdef JDB30 and //#endif. It doesn't seem to be doing this.
> I've just manually commented out those sections, and it compiles. Thomas (or
> someone), could you explain how the CodeSwitcher works, and how it should be
> used.

some time ago i put it those //#ifdefs and checked that everything works
under JDK 1.3 and 1.2.
Unfortunately the preprocessor is quite stupid. I only recognizes these
statements if they start directly in the first positio of a line.
In the course of some reformatting of the code the //#ifdefs got
indented and the preprocessor does simply ignore them...

I've just fixed it in CVS and did a full JDK1.3 Junit run. everything
should be fine now (at least until the next code formatting...)

> 2) target check-jdo-classes is not the depends of "main", and yet
> org.apache.ojb.jdo depends upon the JDO classes, and is part of the main
> source code. So, instead of getting a nice "go and get JDO.jar" message, I
> get a load of compile fails.

fixed in CVS now!

thanks,
Thomas