db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject First Stab at PB Tutorial Refactoring
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:39:35 GMT
Found some time this week to start reworking on the PB Tutorial per a
request from Armin.

My thought is to focus very tightly on using the API, and pull out the
"Intro to Mapping" part into a separate tutorial, thereby allowing the
PB tutorial to really just look at the PB API. Additionally, I want to
make the tutorials *not* depend on each other. Someone looking at how
to use the ODMG API shouldn't need (though they probably should anyway)
need to read through the PB API tutorial to make sense of the ODMG API
tutorial.

Anyway...

A draft is up at http://fischer.skife.org/ojb/pb-tutorial.html

This tutorial is a draft, and still needs:
	testing (code hasn't been run, but it parses correctly)
	links to advanced topics and javadocs for things referenced
(drill-down capability)
	???

Right now tutorial1 serves as a general introduction to OJB -- this
tutorial does not, it is just an introduction to the PB, so a new "go
here first" document with the OJB intro given in tutorial1 needs to be
put together.

As this will likely contain the first look at OJB code many people will
see it needs to be pretty strong, so lots of feedback is appreciated.

-Brian