db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From oliver.m...@ppi.de
Subject RE: Identity.realClass and Identity.topLevelClass
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:42:44 GMT
Hello,

thank you for that hint.

> an improvement that
> can be made to caches to so that they can cache multiple
> inheritance more
> efficiently. No Identity changes are required.  I'm not
> saying this invalidates
> your suggestion, just that it is "loosley related".

It is indeed.

Basically, Dave's approach is to tune the cache in such a way
that it avoids to distinguish between Identities with different
topLevelClasses.

This is a workaround for OJB incapability to cope
with non-unique topLevelClasses.

However, my suggestion does not address that problem.
My suggestion merely is a performance tuning trick:
I would like to avoid the loss of information when
a reference descriptor specifies the referenced type
more precisely than by its topLevelClass.

Olli