db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Lance Eason" <lance.ea...@whisperwire.com>
Subject RE: [Proposal] Enhancing references
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 13:30:35 GMT
I think the anonymous fields implementation specifically addresses this already.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 8:27 AM
To: OJB Developers List
Subject: [Proposal] Enhancing references

Hi,

I'm wondering if you have interest in patching the mapping for the
reference-descriptor? AFAIK, currently you have to define
a field-descriptor holding the key of the referenced object. Therefore,
you have to create a property in your class for this key.
This property is only needed by ojb and it's a little bit ugly to
have it there. So it should be possible to change this in order
to not have to explictly define the descriptor and the property.

I don't know much about ojb right now, but I guess it's possible
to change this. If you are interested, I will try to implement it,
so it might take some time.

Interested?

Cheers
Carsten