db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Alen Ribic" <al...@mweb.co.za>
Subject Re: [OT] JDO Enhancer Idea from JBoss
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:31:04 GMT
Oh, I see what you mean by LGPL viral nature in this case.
While I'm at the site, I'll read the rest of relevant license issues to get
a better idea.

So 3rd party tool wise, what tools/libraries can one potentially use in
project to conform to ASF acceptance?

--Alen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Weaver, Scott" <Sweaver@rippe.com>
To: "'OJB Developers List'" <ojb-dev@db.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 3:35 PM
Subject: RE: JDO Enhancer Idea from JBoss

LGPL is not allowed in java-based Apache projects due the viral nature of
the LGPL when it is used within java.

http://www.fsf.org/licenses/lgpl.html

Look at section 6 of the license.  This section provides for the possibility
that proprietary applications using OJB could be infected with LGPLness due
to the dynamic linking nature of the java language.

Regards,
* Scott T Weaver *
* Jakarta Jetspeed Portal Project *
* weaver@apache.org *