db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Gallagher <rgall...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: SQLJ support
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2003 01:51:01 GMT
Robert --

I don't have much experience with SqlJ, so this may have no relevance, but...

Randall Burt and I are working on some enhancements to OJB to provide better support for the
use of stored procedures/UDF's to handle the insert, update and deletion of records.  If there
are any parallels between invoking SQLJ functions/routines and stored procedures/UDF's, we
may be able to leverage some of what we're doing to support SQLJ.

Just a thought.

Ron Gallagher
Atlanta, GA
rongallagher@bellsouth.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Hablutzel, Robert [mailto:Robert.Hablutzel@LibertyMutual.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 2:01 PM
To: ojb-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: SQLJ support

I'm wondering about the possibility of modifying OJB to (a) allow and (b) generate SQLJ statements
(generate at build time) rather than JDBC prepared statements. It looks like the changes wouldn't
be too hard - at least for (a) but they are an absolute requirement for our environment.

Has any thought been given to this area?

thanks

hab
------
Bob Hablutzel       Lead Architect       Personal Markets I/S
603 245-9485        robert.hablutzel@libertymutual.com