db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Jim Shingler" <sh...@iwaynet.net>
Subject RE: First Stab at PB Tutorial Refactoring
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 00:07:47 GMT
It is looking Good Brian.

Thoughts.

... If the PersistenceBroker.close() is not called then the application
will lean broker  ...

I am guessing the lean should be leak.

The tutorial makes one assumption of the readers knowledge.  Will they
know the difference between a Database Transaction and an Object
Transaction.  A link to an explanation might be in order.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian McCallister [mailto:mccallister@forthillcompany.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 10:11 AM
To: OJB Developers List
Subject: Re: First Stab at PB Tutorial Refactoring

Second (and a half) draft of the PB tutorial.

Changes:
	Product class uses the primitive wrappers instead of primitives
	Went back to try { ... } finally { ... } syntax for closing the
broker
	Removed metadata snippet
	Discuss exception handling at the end

Further comments are appreciated - I sent this one (and related sources
and updates) to Armin to add to CVS.

http://fischer.skife.org/ojb/pb-tutorial.html

Next step is repository.xml tutorial. Yummy. =)

-Brian