db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Armin Waibel" <ar...@code-au-lait.de>
Subject Re: [vote] Split repository_junit.xml
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:57:48 GMT
Hi all,

no alternative proposals?

Matthew wrote:
> sometimes mappings are re-used for different api's to test with.

I propose this should be avoided when write new test cases.
Think we should separate this stuff and if necessary duplicate
objects for each api (best use separate persistent objects per
junit test class as static inner classes).

> Does it
> make sense to break them down by API, or is there another logical way
> do this.

hmm, only alternative way I know is to set up a sample "shop"
or "warehouse" and to use these classes over all api's.
But I think this isn't a good solution, because maybe different
api's need different metadata settings.

So split repository_junit file is not the best solution,
but will reduce file size and push developers to write
separate persistent objects per api.

any votes?

regards,
Armin