db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Anthony <charles.anth...@hpdsoftware.com>
Subject RE: checkpoint problem
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 06:57:00 GMT
Morning All,

[..Snip..]

>> I suspect that a cast-to-get-alternate-behaviour is the right way
>>forward.
>
>+1
>
>>Which way should be the default way ? That depends on what other
>>peoples assumptions of what the correct behaviour is. Probably, the old
>>behaviour isin correct and therefore the old behaviour should be "hidden"
>>behind a cast.
>
>+1, name of the new "hidden" method?

How about flush :

/** Calling <code>flush</code> flushes persistent object modifications
  * made within the ODMG transaction since the last checkpoint to the
underlying database
  * transaction, but does not commit the database transaction. The ODMG
transaction
  * retains all locks it held on those objects at the time the flush was
invoked.<br/>
  * flush is very similair to <code>checkpoint</code>, save that checkpoint
  * Note : this method is <b>not</b> part of the ODMG Transaction interface.
  */
public void flush(){
}

Cheers,

Charles.

This email and any attachments are strictly confidential and are intended
solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient you must
not disclose, forward, copy or take any action in reliance on this message
or its attachments. If you have received this email in error please notify
the sender as soon as possible and delete it from your computer systems.
necessarily reflect those of HPD Software Limited or its affiliates.

 At present the integrity of email across the internet cannot be guaranteed
and messages sent via this medium are potentially at risk.  All liability
is excluded to the extent permitted by law for any claims arising as a re-
sult of the use of this medium to transmit information by or to
HPD Software Limited or its affiliates.