db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Pearce" <m...@studioelectrica.com>
Subject Re: Timestamp brokering in HSQL, et al (and OJB XDoclet)
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 02:11:06 GMT
> > Shouldn't the FieldConversion attribute be used only for
> "non-standard"
> > configurations.
>
> but what is the definition of non-standard?
> Is java.util.Date --> java.sql.Date standard?
> Does the  JDBC 2.0 specification specify a
> mapping for java.util.Date?

Good point.  Nothing like the definition of what is "standard" and not. :)
JDBC does not discuss java.util.Date, to my knowledge.  So i would now agree
that OJB does handle it correctly.  Thanks for the clarification.

And, the OJB XDoclet does seem to hide this from the user by automatically
adding the "conversion" attribute to field-descriptor when the type of the
Object's field is a java.util.Date.  Unfortunately, if you set the
"jdbc-type" XDoclet attribute, the "conversion" attribute will not be added
automatically.

-mike