db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Armin Waibel" <ar...@code-au-lait.de>
Subject Re: checkpoint problem
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:16:34 GMT
Hi all,

> [..Snip..]
>
> >> I suspect that a cast-to-get-alternate-behaviour is the right way
> >>forward.
> >
> >+1
> >
> >>Which way should be the default way ? That depends on what other
> >>peoples assumptions of what the correct behaviour is. Probably, the
old
> >>behaviour isin correct and therefore the old behaviour should be
"hidden"
> >>behind a cast.
> >
> >+1, name of the new "hidden" method?
>
> How about flush :
>
> /** Calling <code>flush</code> flushes persistent object modifications
>   * made within the ODMG transaction since the last checkpoint to the
> underlying database
>   * transaction, but does not commit the database transaction. The
ODMG
> transaction
>   * retains all locks it held on those objects at the time the flush
was
> invoked.<br/>
>   * flush is very similair to <code>checkpoint</code>, save that
checkpoint
>   * Note : this method is <b>not</b> part of the ODMG Transaction
interface.
>   */
> public void flush(){
> }

I want to introduce a new interface merge all
proprietary public methods used in TransactionImpl
class.

public interface TransactionExt extends Transaction, HasBroker
{
public void markDelete(Object anObject);
public void markDirty(Object anObject);
public void flush();
}

Better cast to interface, because in future we will
replace current implementation by a new one using
OTM layer.

What do you think?

regards,
Armin