db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mahler <thm...@web.de>
Subject Re: repository xml and DTDs
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 09:27:56 GMT
Hi again James,

I just checked in a change to the OJB repository.xml.
We now have a PUBLIC identifier as follows:

<!DOCTYPE descriptor-repository PUBLIC
        "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD OJB Repository//EN"
        "repository.dtd"
[
<!ENTITY database SYSTEM "repository_database.xml">
<!ENTITY internal SYSTEM "repository_internal.xml">
<!ENTITY junit SYSTEM "repository_junit.xml">
<!ENTITY user SYSTEM "repository_user.xml">
<!ENTITY ejb SYSTEM "repository_ejb.xml">
<!ENTITY jdo SYSTEM "repository_jdo.xml">
]>

I decided to use a local System identifier ("repository.dtd") instead of
a public one by default.
I know OJB will be operated on production environments that cannot
connect to the internet to access the dtd from the apache site!

Nevertheless I also made the dtd publicly available under:
http://db.apache.org/ojb/dtds/1.0/repository.dtd

So by changing the SYTEM identifier to
"http://db.apache.org/ojb/dtds/1.0/repository.dtd" one can validate
against the public DTD.

I hope this is OK for your needs!

As I mentioned earlier: I won't provide separate doctypes for the
subdocuments of the repository for release 1.0.

Are you making progress with the OJB console?

cheers,
thomas