db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From David.Cor...@equifax.com
Subject new release 1.0.rc3 ManageableCollection.addStore(...)
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 14:44:27 GMT

Can you elaboreate a little more on this?

Thanks.

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Thomas Mahler   |
|         |           <thma32@web.de> |
|         |           Sent by:        |
|         |           thma32@web.de   |
|         |                           |
|         |                           |
|         |           05/04/2003 11:06|
|         |           AM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to "OJB Users   |
|         |           List"           |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->

  |        To:      OJB Users List <ojb-user@db.apache.org>, OJB Developers List <ojb-dev@db.apache.org>
                                            |
  |        cc:
                                                           |
  |        Subject: [ann] new release 1.0.rc3

Hi all,

I've released the next release candidate this morning.
The most important change: The files are now available for download from
the apache site.
You'll find the new release at:
http://db.apache.org/builds/ojb/1.0.rc3/

from the release notes:

ObJectRelationalBridge -- Bridging Java Objects and Relational Databases

ObJectRelationalBridge (OJB) is an Object/Relational mapping tool that
provides transparent transactional persistence for Java Objects against
relational databases. OJB provides ODMG and JDO interfaces.

Release 1.0 rc3

NEW FEATURES:
- With this release we are feature complete for the 1.0 release!
For 1.0 you should not expect more features to be added.

NOTES:
- Intern table OJB_HL_SEQ (used by SequenceManagerHighLowImpl)
   has changed! Now need an additional column 'VERSION' of type INTEGER
   When updating from earlier version drop/reinstall table with
additional field
- PersistenceBrokerAware interface changed, methods beforeStore and
afterStore
   split into xxxInsert/xxxUpdate methods, all methods now expect an
PersistenceBroker
   argument
- PersistenceBrokerListener interface replaced by PBStateListener
- ManageableCollection interface add new method afterStore(...)
- Remove obsolete method 'invalidate(Identity oid)' from PB-api

CHANGES:
- enhanced PB-api listener classes
- unified handling of events in PB-api
- adapt sequence manager implementations using 'long' instead 'int' keys
- SequenceManagerHighLowImpl now use optimistic locking to support
sequencing
   across different JVM (except j2ee conform app server, see sequence
manager doc).
- Add new attribute 'autoNaming' to sequence manager implementations. Now
   the implementations allow to switch on/off auto-generating of
sequence names
- merging the three package o.a.ojb.broker.ta, .singlevm and .server into
   a new package o.a.ojb.broker.core

BUG FIXES:
- fixed problems with the JDO FieldManager to work with 1:1, 1:n and m:n
   associations
- OJB143, OJB152, OJB153, OJB156, OJB158, OJB159, OJB161

Please refer to our Bug tracking site under
http://scarab.werken.com/scarab/issues/id/OJBxxx to see details for a bug
with id OJBxxx.

I hope you all enjoy the new release!
We had very few severe bugs in rc1 and rc2 and I'm confident that a
"real" 1.0 will be out soon.

cheers,
thomas