db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Sheldon" <jshel...@datavantagecorp.com>
Subject OJB JDO
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 19:10:34 GMT
Ok, sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you, but I have reviewed the existing proposal
and it seems to be pretty solid.

Unless anyone has any objections, I will proceed as follows:

1.  Create stubbed implementations of PersistenceManager, StateManager, and PersistenceManagerFactory
in that order.
2.  Begin coding methods to
     A.  Obtain a persistence manager
     B.  Get an object by its identity
     C.  modify fields in the object
     D.  commit the object back to the datastore.
3.  Write tests for the above methods/classes as appropriate.

Along the way I will attempt identify dependencies between methods/classes in the jdo implementation
to create a roadmap for development.  Also, I will attempt to identify areas where functionality
needs to be refactored out of existing OJB areas so that it may be re-used by the OJB JDO
implementation.

All comments and suggestions are welcome.  Assuming there are no objections, I will start
work this weekend, and will be able to have some code to submit shortly.

Thanks,

Jeff Sheldon