db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Poeschmann" <t.poeschm...@exxcellent.de>
Subject Re: Oracle 9i BLOB malfunction / 4k mystery
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 14:05:08 GMT
Hi there,

> Michael Mogley wrote:
> Thomas Poeschmann says on the list that he almost has a solution,
> using the above method I presume.

Yes, of course using the SELECT FOR UPDATE. Sorry for promising posting code
but not doing it, but I will try to find it this evening. It is probably just
for reference for you, since you already have it.

> Are there other dbmses and drivers that exhibit the same irregular
> behavior regarding LOBĀ“s.

Not that I know. Sometimes it is different to call one of the methods on a
statement to bring certain Java objects in. For example passing an array in as
a String. But I have never seen anything hard as Oracle XLOBs ;)

> Unfortunatly, our solution (apart from the the fix submitted) currently
> consists of changing to the oci driver. Sad but true.

Which has other drawbacks, but well... Other ORM can not handle it either with
thin, by the way ;)

Kind regards,

Thomas