db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject Re: [Mapping workbench] Which GUI framework to use
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 13:54:02 GMT
As this is a developer's tool and not something that will see daily use
in Joe Papershuffler's workflow in marketing, Swing is probably ideal.
You might eek out a slightly snappier interface in SWT that blends in
to the desktop next to [Word | iTunes | Galeon], but really, who cares
who will be using it? Swing is known, powerful, easy to program with,
and is implemented everywhere that Sun's jdk is - SWT is flaky on a
many platforms still.

OTOH - if you want to learn SWT and experiment with it, scratch your
itch - the joys of volunteer labor.

Just my 2p.

-Brian