db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mahler <thm...@web.de>
Subject Re: Anything todo?
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 06:24:04 GMT
Hi Roland,

All help is welcome! If you can spend some of your time for OJB
development that would be great.

We are quite close to the 1.0 relese so there are not that many open
points. but here are some ideas to focus on.

- We have a bugdatabase (http://scarab.werken.com/scarab/issues). It
would be good to have a look at all open issues and check if they are
valid, if they have been fixed in the meantime, or to provide  afix if
required. We currently have no one working on this important point
regularly. the developers have a look at scarab from time to time and
fix  something, but no one is really in charge.

- for certain new feature (e.g. the RemovalAwareCollection or the
anonymous field descriptors) we have no user documentation yet. It would
be good to add some some code to the testsuiteand to provide some docu.

- there is currently an initiative to work on a graphical mapping
workbench. help is needed there too. The wiki page organizing these
efforts is here:
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?OJBProjectPagesReverseEngineering

- It would also make sense to think of the JDO implementation for the
2.0 release. We have a working prototype and a design proposal
http://db.apache.org/ojb/jdo-proposal.html.

SO there is enough to do for everyone!

cheers,
Thomas