db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Per-Olof Norén <pe...@alma.nu>
Subject Oracle 9i BLOB malfunction / 4k mystery
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 12:55:27 GMT
Hi all,
In our project we seem to be using all possible features...including
BLOB´s....which is isn´t working. :(

Here´s the setup:

Physical
---------
db-server: Oracle 9i, running on solaris
app-server: running solaris on sun hardware.
jdbc-driver: oracle-9.0.3 thin driver

Logical
---------
Bean containing byte[], which is mapped as blob.
We do not use batch mode operation in this case.

The symptoms
----------------
Any data in bean´s byte[] < 4k gets saved.
Any data in bean´s byte[] > gets *silently* ignored and is not saved in
db. No exceptions, no nothing.

I looked into the PlatfromOracleImpl.java and found out that
there is code to handle this known 4k issue, which obviously is still
there in 9i. This handling involves setting a private member variable
(m_userRsetType) in the prepared statement.
Being a developer, I fired up a debugging session. To my surprise i
found out that the statement already had m_userRsetType = 1 *before* the
call to the magical changePreparedStatementResultSetType....

Am I alone using oracle for storing blobs?
If not, has anyone succeeded, on Oracle 9i?
If succeeded, how?

Really, any pointers are welcome :-)

regards,

Per-Olof Norén