db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From David.Cor...@equifax.com
Subject RE: [VOTE] merge of kernel packages
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 17:44:54 GMT

The "bizarre significance" in 1.0, is the "implied promise" that you will
branch the code, and provide bug fixes in the 1.0 branch, without providing
new features.   In general, this will produce a 1.0.x that will become
truly stable, and nervous people get less nervous.

David

|---------+--------------------------------->
|         |           Charles Anthony       |
|         |           <charles.anthony@hpdso|
|         |           ftware.com>           |
|         |                                 |
|         |           04/15/2003 02:59 AM   |
|         |           Please respond to "OJB|
|         |           Developers List"      |
|         |                                 |
|---------+--------------------------------->

  |        To:      'OJB Developers List' <ojb-dev@db.apache.org>
                                                                 |
  |        cc:
                                                           |
  |        Subject: RE: [VOTE] merge of kernel packages

Morning/Evening all,

Not that I have a vote, but +1 from me.

Do you think it is worth a message to the user list about what features are
'missing' from a users perspective for a release 1.0 ? I mean, from my
point
of view, version 1.0 isn't really anything special in and of itself, but
there are many people for which the number 1.0 has a bizarre significance.

I realise that such a question would result in alot of
unwanted/bizarre/peculiar requests, but I think it could help us quantify
and plan a bit better. It would also help us find out what concepts people
find tricky to grasp or use, and maybe help us to make OJB easier to use
for
those people.

I would suggest that we limit such a "wish list" to specifically the OJB
core, i.e. the product itself, as opposed to what I would consider
sattelite
systems - forward-db/reverse-db/xdoclet-plugin/ etc.

I have no vested interest in this - I personally have everything I
currently
need in OJB - but it was just a thought that crossed my mind and I thought
I'd share it.

Cheers,

Charles.

This email and any attachments are strictly confidential and are intended
solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient you must
not disclose, forward, copy or take any action in reliance on this message
or its attachments. If you have received this email in error please notify
the sender as soon as possible and delete it from your computer systems.
necessarily reflect those of HPD Software Limited or its affiliates.

 At present the integrity of email across the internet cannot be guaranteed
and messages sent via this medium are potentially at risk.  All liability
is excluded to the extent permitted by law for any claims arising as a re-
sult of the use of this medium to transmit information by or to
HPD Software Limited or its affiliates.