db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gray <jonathan.g...@netdecisions.co.uk>
Subject Interbase/Firebird prepare-testdb problem
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 13:34:35 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use OJB with the Firebird database, I have followed most of
the installation instructions in trying to have all of the tables
automatically created in the database using prepare-testdb.  However,
firstly I got the following error:

[torque-sql] Database-specific properties file does not exist:
D:\tmp\db-ojb-1.0.rc2\sql\base\firebird\db.props

It turns out that torque is not configured for firebird, but it does have an
interbase directory so I tried instead to use the interbase directory.  I
created an interbase.profile and set everything up appropriate except that I
am using the Firebird database and the Firebird SQL 1.0.RC3 JDBC driver.

I almost got through the project-sql-classpath target except I got the
following error in the velocity.log:

2003-04-02 12:42:39,442 - ResourceManager : found sql/load/Control.vm with
loader org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.ClasspathResourceLoader
2003-04-02 12:42:39,442 - ResourceManager : unable to find resource
'sql/load/interbase/row.vm' in any resource loader.
2003-04-02 12:42:39,452 - Method parse threw exception for reference
$generator in template sql/load/Control.vm at  [4,1]

In the torque archive there seems to be a rom.vm for each of the other
databases but not for the interbase database, is there anyway to get around
this?  Is this file supposed to be there and it is a bug or should one not
be trying to use that in the first place?

Also, because the prepare-testdb target is failing, what is the easiest way
to setup the required tables for the OJB in my database, are there any
individual scripts that I can run?

thanks,
Jon