db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Per-Olof Norén <pe...@alma.nu>
Subject Re: PersistenceBrokerAware lacks broker?
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 16:11:57 GMT
Armin Waibel wrote:

>Hi,
>
>as luck would have it I'm currently refactoring that
>stuff a bit. Want to do a more common listener concept
>based on java.util.EventObject as container for events.
>
>I will integrate your proposal in the new PB event
>handling.

Ok, good. No need for me to send in a patch then?

>One question, should we change the PersistenceBrokerAware
>interface (we in rc2!) or should we declare this interface as
>deprecated and add a new one (PersistenceAware) with the
>changes suggested by Per-Olof?

Since my schedule doesn´t allow me to wait for release, I´m good for
changing the interface :-)
Also in favour of this, IMO is the fact that I wouldn´t want a release
to include an
event interface that is, in pratice, useless for usage with multiple
connection-descriptors.
I agree, though, it is late in the cycle, It´s probably not so nice of
thing to do
between a rc2 and release.  But I still lean towards fixing it now.

Its an easy thing for me to change which interface to use (the power of
base classes :-) )
once its decided.  So, being in the complete hurry I am , I´m in the
middle of  patching the old one.

regards,
Per-Olof