db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <lean...@ibnetwork.com.br>
Subject Re: wrapping OJB as an avalon component [Decomposition of OJB into components]
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:39:15 GMT
Hi Neeme.

I have two components that should be of your interest.

OJBComponent : wrapper around OJB PB api

PersistenceManager : generic persistence manager (1 impl using OJB).

I'm trying to make some components that I have available @
plexus-components. My setup is not yet done there, so I can't move my
code yet (http://plexus.codehaus.org/components/) !

Please, take a look at the interface definitions to see if this is what
you need.

Speaking about avalon components : This is something that OJB would
really benefit from. Once I proposed a refactoring of OJB code targeting
component decomposition, but this is something that I can't do alone.
Maybe its time for us (developers and contributors of OJB) to start
discussing if we can do this (decompose ojb into components) after OJB
1.0 is out.