db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "James Mitchell" <jmitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mapping workbench, finally
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:26:19 GMT
One way we (Struts dudes) get more involvement with developers without
having to go through the committer routine is host a project on
sourceforge.net called (surprisingly enough) "Struts" where anyone can
become a committer and work on whatever they like (Struts related of
course).

I'm interested to see where this (Mapping Workbench) effort goes.  If you've
followed Struts, you know there are many GUI tools/IDE plug-ins to help with
configuration (struts-config, tiles, validation, etc).

Take (for example) the Struts Console by James Holmes.  It's not open
source, but it's free and well supported.  He releases new versions and bug
fixes almost monthly.  From all indications, (that I've seen) it is the most
widely used of all other Struts Configuration tools today.

I don't know what you intend to use (Swing, AWT, web-based) for this new
tool.  But if you decide to go with a web-based (Struts) version, I will
help as much as I can.

--
James Mitchell
Software Developer/Struts Evangelist