db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "James Holmes" <ja...@jamesholmes.com>
Subject repository xml and DTDs
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 20:28:28 GMT
I'm working on OJB Console, a tool similar to Struts Console, that should be
ready in the next week or so.  However, I'm running into problems with the
way the repository xml file is broken up.  The problem I'm having is that
the file is broken into pieces and then "loaded" into the mail file with
ENTITY declarations.

OJB Console needs each XML file to have a DOCTYPE so that the file can be:

1.) recognized (meaning distinguished from other XML files)
2.) validated

Any ideas for solving this problem.  I realize there has been a precedent
set to break up the large monolithic file into smaller manageable chunks.
Perhaps each file could specity a DOCTYPE and OJB could load mulitple
smaller files and instead of loading one file that sources in the others?

-James