db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Armin Waibel" <armin.wai...@code-au-lait.de>
Subject Re: java.sql.SavePoint Maven and jdk1.4 !
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 23:10:41 GMT
Hi Leandro,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz" <leandro@ibnetwork.com.br>
To: <ojb-dev@db.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 11:38 PM
Subject: java.sql.SavePoint Maven and jdk1.4 !

> Hi all.
>
> I'm trying to use eclipse to develop ojb and maven to generate
> .project AND
> .classpath Files on jdk1.3.1
>
> Problem : java.sql.Savepoint not found. it belongs to jdk1.4.
> Is it right ? Are we tidying ojb to jdk1.4 ??

We use a delegating (wrapper) class for Connection,
so we implemenent the JDBC 3.0 methods too. Normally
I think they should be commented out and only commented in by the
pre-process when using a JDBC 3.0 compliant j2sdk - like
versions >=1.4.0
But most developer use >=1.4.0 (except you and me ;-)), thus
someone checked in a version with removed comments ...

regards,
Armin