db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Armin Waibel" <armin.wai...@code-au-lait.de>
Subject Re: PersistenceBrokerAware lacks broker?
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 20:40:40 GMT
Hi again,

> Armin Waibel wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >as luck would have it I'm currently refactoring that
> >stuff a bit. Want to do a more common listener concept
> >based on java.util.EventObject as container for events.
> >
> >I will integrate your proposal in the new PB event
> >handling.
> >
> Ok, good. No need for me to send in a patch then?

Yes, I will do it for you.

> >One question, should we change the PersistenceBrokerAware
> >interface (we in rc2!) or should we declare this interface as
> >deprecated and add a new one (PersistenceAware) with the
> >changes suggested by Per-Olof?
> >
> Since my schedule doesn´t allow me to wait for release, I´m good for
> changing the interface :-)
> Also in favour of this, IMO is the fact that I wouldn´t want a release
> to include an
> event interface that is, in pratice, useless for usage with multiple
> connection-descriptors.
> I agree, though, it is late in the cycle, It´s probably not so nice of
> thing to do
> between a rc2 and release.  But I still lean towards fixing it now.

Sounds like common-sense.
OK, I will change the interface method argument
and split the beforeStore/afterStore methods in
beforeInsert/beforeUpdate .... too

public void beforeUpdate(PersistenceBroker broker) throws
PersistenceBrokerException;
public void afterUpdate(PersistenceBroker broker) throws
PersistenceBrokerException;
public void beforeInsert(PersistenceBroker broker) throws
PersistenceBrokerException;
public void afterInsert(PersistenceBroker broker) throws
PersistenceBrokerException;
public void beforeDelete(PersistenceBroker broker) throws
PersistenceBrokerException;
public void afterDelete(PersistenceBroker broker) throws
PersistenceBrokerException;

public void afterLookup(PersistenceBroker broker) throws
PersistenceBrokerException;

Any comments?

regards,
Armin