db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Armin Waibel" <armin.wai...@code-au-lait.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge of kernel packages
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:18:10 GMT
Hi all, hi Charles

think package re-naming/merge is accepted

> >> - singlevm
> >> - ta
> >> - server
> >>
> >> ==> merge to package
> >> - core

I will do that at the end of this week (or begin next week).

> Morning/Evening all,
>
> Not that I have a vote, but +1 from me.
>
> Do you think it is worth a message to the user list about what
features are
> 'missing' from a users perspective for a release 1.0 ?

Indeed it is worth, but if we start to implement additional features
we never will reach 1.0 version ;-). As Thomas wrote in the release
notes "... feature complete for the 1.0 release".
Think it's better to do bug fixing, update documentation (brrrh) and
do intern cleanup of classes - my 2 cent worth.

>I mean, from my point
> of view, version 1.0 isn't really anything special in and of itself,

I fully agree with you!

>but
> there are many people for which the number 1.0 has a bizarre
significance.

Yes you are right. But I'm happy about that, because the more OJB is
getting popular, the more user-mails we have to answer, the less we can
write code ;-) (sorry for bad english)
So if we think most bugs are fixed and OJB works fine in most cases
(it does by now), then we should label final 1.0 (and hype OJB ;-)).

> I realise that such a question would result in alot of
> unwanted/bizarre/peculiar requests, but I think it could help us
quantify
> and plan a bit better. It would also help us find out what concepts
people
> find tricky to grasp or use, and maybe help us to make OJB easier to
use for
> those people.

I agree again, but don't know how to implement the requested
features/changes
beside the 'normal work' on OJB.

regards,
Armin

> I would suggest that we limit such a "wish list" to specifically the
OJB