db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Armin Waibel" <armin.wai...@code-au-lait.de>
Subject Re: OJB inside JBoss
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 23:32:30 GMT
Hi Neeme,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Neeme Praks" <neeme@apache.org>
To: <ojb-dev@db.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 10:09 PM
Subject: OJB inside JBoss

> Hi again!
>
> There is support for JBoss and other application servers in OJB, but
the
> documentation is lacking, so here are some questions:
> * what version of Jboss OJB has been tested with? 2.4.x vs. 3.x?

I only use version 3.0.4 and 3.0.6 for testing

> * any specific problems that I should be aware of when trying to run
OJB
> under JBoss?

- do not use the Hi/Lo sequence manager implementation
- read the deployment doc
- only use ObjectCacheEmptyImpl or ObjectCachePerBrokerImpl
(we currently at that stuff to make caching more sophisticated)

> * location and loading of repository.xml... How is this achieved under
> JBoss?

there is no 'special mechanism', we use

Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().getResource(repositoryFil
eName);

to get the repository file.

> AFAIU, repository.xml is located outside of EJB EAR system, in
> some well-defined location? Is there any support for loading
> repository.xml file from the deployed EAR achive? I saw something is
CVS
> that dealt with loading mapping info from per-class XML snippets...
not
> sure that this would be the best route to take, however, some way for
> registering "external" repository.xml with OJB service would be
useful?
> Something like this (pseudo-code):
>
> Context context = new InitialContext();
> OJBService ojb = context.lookup("OJBService");
> InputStream is =

getContextClassloader().getResourceasStream("META-INF/repository.xml");
> ojb.loadRepository(is);
> //... rest of the stuff here, using OJB, etc
>
> Would something like this be possible? Or maybe it is already
possible?

> * also, do I have to declare something "special" in my deployment
> descriptors, in order to get access to OJB?

No

> * and, is it a good idea to put all the OJB jar files under Jboss lib
> directory? Or will it create some classloading problems?

I don't have much experience in deployment, but when put all
jars under jboss lib I cannot re-deploy.

> * what about the OM classes? should these be also in the same
> classloader as OJB? Or can OM classes stay in my EAR classloader and
OJB
> stay in Jboss "root" classloader?

Good question!! Please let me know ;-)

regards,