db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Armin Waibel" <ar...@code-au-lait.de>
Subject [Identity] topLevelClass call really necessary?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 09:32:29 GMT
Hi all,

after reading a post ("Bug in PersistenceBrokerImpl"
by Hubert) on the user-list I started thinking about
that (yes, I'm capable of doing this ;-)).

The question is do we really need the topLevelClass
in the Identity object to be extent aware?
I don't think so, because the pk of the object should
be extent aware, thus it's not necessary to use the
topLevelClass as objectClass in Identity.

I remove the topLevel method call in
PB#getReferencedObject(..) and in Identity.
All tests pass well and PB-api does perform
better.

Do I overlooked something?
What do you think?

regards,