db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Baird" <Matthew.Ba...@motiva.com>
Subject RE: ObjectCache
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 04:35:19 GMT
I already committed a JCS cache implementation take a look in the cache package.

I will, however, disagree on the "easy to configure" statement. I think it's very difficult
to configure.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Chris Greenlee [mailto:CGreenlee@demandsolutions.com]
	Sent: Wed 2/19/2003 8:32 PM
	To: ojb-dev@db.apache.org
	Subject: RE: ObjectCache

	Hey all,

	is there a reason no one has brought up replacing ObjectCache with JCS?
	It already supports distributed caching, caching to disk, limiting # of
	objects in the cache, and LRU caching, among other things.

	It might be worth taking a look at; it is easy to configure/use.

	http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/jcs/index.html

	Cheers,

	Chris Greenlee