db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Baird" <Matthew.Ba...@motiva.com>
Subject RE: bad karma: OJB performance slow down
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 01:42:20 GMT
this could be a result of the changing of the type of statements executed against the DB, in
particular the scroll parameter. That has been flipping back and forth. I made some PB changes
that I believe should have increased performance, but I can double check them.

how do you find all changes over a time period in CVS? Perforce makes this easy to do

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Armin Waibel [mailto:armin@code-au-lait.de]
	Sent: Tue 2/4/2003 5:14 PM
	To: OJB Developers List
	Subject: bad karma: OJB performance slow down

	Hi all,

	since the last version of OJB (0.9.8) I trace the
	performance of the CVS version.
	Here my results running the 'perfomance2' target
	(10 threads handle 2000 objects per thread insert/fetch/delete)

	              [sec]          [sec]
	date      PB-api    ODMG-api
	------------------------------
	0.9.8       21,2          53,5
	01/20      17,7          42,5
	01/25      17,8          40,4
	01/31      17,6          41,1
	02/04      21,4          42,4

	The refactoring made after the 0.9.8 release
	boost the PB-api performance about 17%, the
	ODMG-api about 21%. After changes made
	by Thomas (I suppose) the ODMG performance was
	enhanced about 25% compared with the 0.9.8
	version. This are great results.

	But some of the changes made in the PB-api between
	01/31 and today seems to be performance killer!
	Decrease the performance of the PB-api on the 0.9.8 level.

	Does anybody has an idea how we could find out
	the 'bad' lines of code slows down the performance?

	regards,
	Armin