db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Baird" <Matthew.Ba...@motiva.com>
Subject RE: ObjectRelational Bridge and Manning Book
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 17:25:26 GMT
I was just talking to Raghu about an OJB book. I contributed to a book in '96 and have been
looking for another opportunity recently.

cheers,
Matthew

-----Original Message-----
From: Mahler Thomas [mailto:thomas.mahler@itellium.com]
Sent: Tue 2/4/2003 12:29 AM
To: 'ojb-dev@db.apache.org'
Subject: WG: ObjectRelational Bridge and Manning Book

	Hi all,
	I just received an interesting invitation to co-author a book on OJB and
	other OSS tools.
	fortunately I won't have enough spare time to work on this book.

	If anyone is interested to take part in this book project please let me
	know, I'll bring you in contact with the publishers.

	cheers,
	Thomas

	here is the original invitation:

	Dear Thomas:

	I'm writing in connection with your involvement in the ObjectRelational
	Bridge project at Apache - got your name from the contributors page.

	I've been asked to put together a proposal for a book, to be published by
	Manning Publications, that would cover a number of open-source Java
	projects, in various categories, with an emphasis on how to use them
	together in a practical dynamic website project. I'd like to ask if you'd
	like to be involved in this project, at one of several possible levels.

	One level is of course if you'd like to author an entire section or chapter
	about the ObjectRelational Bridge project, making you a co-author of the
	book. If that's more of a time committment than you'd like to make, any
	information or support you can give me when preparing the section about
	ObjectRelational Bridge would definitely be appreciated, and of course
	appropriate credit given. If nothing else, it should result in some good
	exposure of OJB, which, being involved in a number of OSS projects myself,
	is pretty much always a good thing.

	If you think there's another member of the  team that might be interested,
	feel free to forward my email.

	Thanks for your time, and I hope to hear from you!

	Regards,

	Michael Nash
	JGlobal Ltd.
	http://www.jglobalonline.com