db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Cantrell, Curtis" <clcan...@scn.spawar.navy.mil>
Subject RE: ObjectRelational Bridge and Manning Book
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 13:59:22 GMT
Thomas,
	I may be interested in contributing to a section.  I work
exclusively with open-source projects like OJB designing and developing
Department of Defense web enabled application.

	Curtis Cantrell
	curtis@cantrell.net
	CACI
	Technology that supports America's Defense

-----Original Message-----
From: Mahler Thomas [mailto:thomas.mahler@itellium.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 3:29 AM
To: 'ojb-dev@db.apache.org'
Subject: WG: ObjectRelational Bridge and Manning Book

Hi all,
I just received an interesting invitation to co-author a book on OJB and
other OSS tools.
fortunately I won't have enough spare time to work on this book.

If anyone is interested to take part in this book project please let me
know, I'll bring you in contact with the publishers.

cheers,
Thomas

here is the original invitation:

Dear Thomas:

I'm writing in connection with your involvement in the ObjectRelational
Bridge project at Apache - got your name from the contributors page.

I've been asked to put together a proposal for a book, to be published by
Manning Publications, that would cover a number of open-source Java
projects, in various categories, with an emphasis on how to use them
together in a practical dynamic website project. I'd like to ask if you'd
like to be involved in this project, at one of several possible levels.

One level is of course if you'd like to author an entire section or chapter
about the ObjectRelational Bridge project, making you a co-author of the
book. If that's more of a time committment than you'd like to make, any
information or support you can give me when preparing the section about
ObjectRelational Bridge would definitely be appreciated, and of course
appropriate credit given. If nothing else, it should result in some good
exposure of OJB, which, being involved in a number of OSS projects myself,
is pretty much always a good thing.

If you think there's another member of the  team that might be interested,
feel free to forward my email.

Thanks for your time, and I hope to hear from you!

Regards,

Michael Nash
JGlobal Ltd.
http://www.jglobalonline.com