db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Anthony <charles.anth...@hpdsoftware.com>
Subject Problem with implicitLocking and object modifications.
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:21:50 GMT
Hi All,

I think I've uncovered a bug in the ODMG layer.

Up to now, we've been just using the broker layer. I now have a usecase
where we will need to use the ODMG layer. We do not want to use implicit
locking; I want my developers to explicit lock each object to an ODMG
transaction (implicit locking generates loads of queries for all the proxy
collections).

It seems that something 'funny' happens if implicit locking is turned off -
objects are not marked as being "dirty" when changed - even when they are
explicitly lock to the transaction.

As I am a complete novice in the ways of the ODMG, I don't really know where
to look to sort this issue out so I have added a new test method to
org.apache.ojb.odmg.UserTestCases (it should be attached to this email).
Essentially, it creates an object and persists it; retrieves and updates it;
then flushes the cache, and retrieves it again to ensure the update worked.
If ImplicitLocking is TRUE, the test passes. If ImplicitLocking is FALSE,
the test fails.

I think this is incorrect, and would dearly like this to be resolved.

Could somone either confirm this is a bug, or tell me what I am doing
wrong...

If anything else is needed, please let me know.

Cheers,

Charles

This email and any attachments are strictly confidential and are intended
solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient you must
not disclose, forward, copy or take any action in reliance on this message
or its attachments. If you have received this email in error please notify
the sender as soon as possible and delete it from your computer systems.
necessarily reflect those of HPD Software Limited or its affiliates.

 At present the integrity of email across the internet cannot be guaranteed
and messages sent via this medium are potentially at risk.  All liability
is excluded to the extent permitted by law for any claims arising as a re-
sult of the use of this medium to transmit information by or to
HPD Software Limited or its affiliates.