db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From David Warnock <da...@sundayta.com>
Subject PATCH for Firebird support
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 10:06:06 GMT
Hi,

Please find a patch for repository.dtd and a new Platform Implementation
for Firebird.

It is very minimal at present, I just took the PostgreSQL and made the
Firebird one work with Firebird generators as the sequences.

For the future it is important for us to be able to pass a character set
to the DriverManager. We do this by using the getConnection which takes
a url and a java properties eg

         Class.forName(FBDriver.class.getName());

         java.util.Properties props = new java.util.Properties();
         props.putAll(DB_INFO);
         props.put("lc_ctype", "UNICODE_FSS");

         Connection connection =
             DriverManager.getConnection(DB_DRIVER_URL, props);

How could I fit this need into OJB?

Thanks

Dave
--
David Warnock, Sundayta Ltd. http://www.sundayta.com
iDocSys for Document Management. VisibleResults for Fundraising.