db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>
Subject Updating the Maven Build
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:09:01 GMT
Hi,

I asked that the Maven build be updated so that I can find the license
information. Currently you guys have a big problem and with no
information it's hard to track down:

crossdb.jar ( not sure )
ejb.jar ( needs to be removed )
hsqldb.jar ( needs to be removed )
jboss-common.jar ( needs to be removed )
jboss-system.jar ( needs to be removed )
jca1.0.jar ( not sure )
jdbc2_0-stdext.jar ( not sure )
jmxri.jar ( not sure )
jndi.jar ( not sure )
jta-spec1_0_1.jar ( not sure )
p6spy.jar ( not sure )
proxy.jar ( not sure )
xdoclet.jar ( not sure )

JARs with a Sun Binary license cannot be stored in CVS! (L)GPL JARs
cannot be stored in CVS, this is ASF policy and we're probably going to
have some other problems as well as there are general problems with ASF
and (L)GPL. I've used OJB for a while now but I'm just getting into
deployment of a system using it and (L)GPL JARs present a serious
licensing problem.

So please, update the Maven descriptor with urls of the locations of
these JARs so I can at least find the licenses so I can move forward.

I will go over the code but in general there are going to be problems if
fundamental parts of OJB use (L)GPL code. If it's just wrappers to make
things work in JBoss and the like then we can work around this but any
code that uses (L)GPL JARs cannot stay on Apache machines.

Update the Maven descriptor. This will also mean I can generate the site
automatically with all the reports and have them linked into the main
db.apache.org site.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl