db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Armin Waibel" <ar...@code-au-lait.de>
Subject Re: bad karma: OJB performance slow down
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 12:07:02 GMT
Hi Matthew,

after some this-stuff-driving-me-mad sessions
I isolate the performance problem.

Using the PersistenceBrokerImpl version 1.121
with the current CVS I got the result:
PB: 17,6 sec
ODMG: 40,5 sec
this is kick-ass performance!

Using the PersistenceBrokerImpl version 1.122
with the current CVS I got the result:
PB: 20,7 sec
ODMG: 42,4 sec

Thus some lines of code added/changed between version
1.121 and 1.122 are responsible for the performance slow down.
CVS log see below.
Matthew could you review the changes you are made?

regards,
Armin

----------------------------
revision 1.124
date: 2003/02/04 18:26:37;  author: brj;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -2
removed unused local var (and also commit test)
----------------------------
revision 1.123
date: 2003/02/03 20:51:06;  author: arminw;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -3
remove System.out.println
----------------------------
revision 1.122
date: 2003/02/02 23:30:02;  author: mattbaird;  state: Exp;  lines:
+125 -154
make the registration maps member variables to reduce overhead of
creating the maps on each transaction. Also simplified the API a bit.
revision 1.121
date: 2003/02/02 03:39:19;  author: mattbaird;  state: Exp;  lines:
+7 -6
use new platform-aware close on resultsetandstatement in the finally
block to avoid leaking resources. Also use NOT_SCROLLABLE query for
performance reasons.