db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From David.Cor...@equifax.com
Subject Cache flushed for singleVM on update
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 16:26:10 GMT
I inquired about a problem I had where objects are flushed from the cache
when updated, even on a singleVM.  It was suggested that I write a patch.
I want some direction before I go deeper.

It appears to me, that changing
org.apache.ojb.broker.singlevm.DeletgatingPersistenceBroker so that the
following method does nothing will make it work correctly.

public void invalidate(Identity oid) throws PersistenceBrokerException
    {
        broker.invalidate(oid);
    }

And although invalidate is not called in a lot of places, it still makes me
nervous.  The alternative approach that I can see, is to add a new method
(invalidateOnUpdate) to PeristenceBroker (and all implementations), or to
add an argument ot the existing one that indicates WHY invalidate is being
called.

What would be the preferred strategy?

David Corbin

This message contains information from Equifax Inc. which may be
confidential and privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient, please
refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
information and note that such actions are prohibited.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify by e-mail
postmaster@equifax.com.