db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Baird" <Matthew.Ba...@motiva.com>
Subject Perceived Usability of OJB
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2003 03:06:05 GMT
I've been trying to figure out why people think OJB is difficult to use, and I think it has
come down to not shipping a WAR/EAR that shows the classes O-R mapping functionality.

If we had something that we could include in a "demo" directory with a WAR that deployed (with
HSQLDB) and just worked, right out of the box, that would probably go a long way towards changing
the perception of OJB.

The last few months have been great, we've made incredible progress both on a feature and
a performance front. The next things to consider are Usability and Documentation.

The question is, do we have anything like this we could package up, or is anyone working on
something like this now?

cheers,
Matthew