db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Baird" <Matthew.Ba...@motiva.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Remove of sequence-manager/connection properties from OJB.properties
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 18:02:37 GMT
+1

Doesn't it seem like almost all the properties in ojb.properties should be moved into the
XML configs, with appropriate defaults already set?

cheers,
Matthew

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Armin Waibel [mailto:armin@code-au-lait.de]
	Sent: Sat 1/4/2003 5:11 AM
	To: OJB Developers List
	Subject: [VOTE] Remove of sequence-manager/connection properties from OJB.properties

	Hi all,

	it's "voting time"! I promise this is my last 'vote' today ;-)

	Next days I want to complete the metadata refactoring
	and there is a last step to do.

	#---------------------------------------
	# SequenceManager
	#---------------------------------------
	I want to move the whole sequence-manager
	properties stuff from the OJB.properties to
	the repository.

	I have made it possible (not checked in) to define
	a sequence manager per jdbc-connection-descriptor
	- example see below.
	If you do not specify a connection-pool or/and
	sequence-manager tag, OJB use default ones.
	So newbies don't have to deal with that stuff and
	advanced user have a bunch of configuration properties.

	#-----------------------------------------------
	# ConnectionFactory / Default ConnectionPool
	#-----------------------------------------------
	I also suggest to move the 'useAutoCommit' and
	'ignoreAutocommitExceptions' properties from OJB.properties
	to jdbc-connection-descriptor (as attributes) to allow a per
	DB/connection handling instead of the global one.

	Last I suggest to remove the 'maxConnectionsInPool'
	property from OJB.properties. This could ditto easy
	set in the connection-pool tag.

	What do you mean?
	Comments?

	regards,
	Armin

	example:

	<jdbc-connection-descriptor
	        jcd-alias="farAway"
	        platform="Hsqldb"
	        jdbc-level="2.0"
	        driver="org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver"
	        protocol="jdbc"
	        subprotocol="hsqldb"
	        dbalias="../OJB_FarAway"
	        username="sa"
	        password=""
	        batch-mode="false"

	          <connection-pool
	              maxActive="5"
	              whenExhaustedAction="0"/>

	          <sequence-manager className="org.apache.ojb.
	                      broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerHighLowImpl">
	               <attribute attribute-name="grabSize"
	attribute-value="5"/>
	        </sequence-manager>
	    </jdbc-connection-descriptor>