db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Baird" <Matthew.Ba...@motiva.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Rename of PB#getExtentClass/DescriptorRepository#getExtentClass
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 18:01:42 GMT
+1

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Armin Waibel [mailto:armin@code-au-lait.de]
	Sent: Sat 1/4/2003 1:42 AM
	To: OJB Developers List
	Subject: [VOTE] Rename of PB#getExtentClass/DescriptorRepository#getExtentClass

	Hi all,

	I suggest to deprecate and replace the
	DescriptorRepository#getExtentClass(Class clazz)
	PB#getExtentClass(Class clazz)
	methods.

	Both method return, if the given class was an extent,
	the (abstract) base class/interface of the given extent or
	the class itself, if given class was not an extent.
	This method never return a extent class. Thus I want to
	deprecate this method and add a new one.
	Or did I misunderstood the definition of a extent class?

	My suggestion is 'getTopLevelClass(Class c)' or
	'getTopLevel(Class c)'.
	Other suggestions?
	Comments?

	regards,