db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From John Holman <j.g.hol...@qmul.ac.uk>
Subject postgresql profile issue
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2003 14:23:23 GMT
In profile/postgresql.profile, the default setting

databaseUrl =
${urlProtocol}:${urlSubprotocol}://${databaseHost}/${urlDbalias}

fails for remote databases, since in that case the urlDbalias already
looks like e.g. //mycompany.com/OJB.

I suggest it would be clearer to change the defaults to

urlDbalias=//localhost/OJB
databaseUrl = ${urlProtocol}:${urlSubprotocol}:${urlDbalias}

since this should work for local databases and also allows the
urlDbalias to be changed in the obvious way for remote ones without
altering the databaseUrl setting.

(Note: I've not actually checked the local case however, only the remote
one).

Thanks, John.