db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Davide Mora <d_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject AutoBuildDb proposals
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 15:50:27 GMT

Hi developers, happy new year!

i talked with Armin Waibel about the AutoBuildDb tool,
and he suggested to post here my proposals.
I have some "spare time" and i would like to help make
a better tool if possible.

For what i know, we use two different libraries for
access the db, CrossDB and Torque.
The first (and biggest) problem with CrossDB is it
support more or less half of the platforms listed in
the repository.dtd.
To fix this problem i think we have two options:
replace CrossDB with Torque *or* add support for the
other databases (DB2,Postgres,etc).
I'm not so expert of Torque, but my opinion is use it
it's the best thing.

The other proposal is about add more options to the
AutoBuildDb tool, like generate sql script and/or
create the database, create an ANT task for it, and a
"refresh schema" option for handle the class changes.

Regards,
Davide