db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Armin Waibel" <ar...@code-au-lait.de>
Subject Re: [batch modus] additional failures/errors
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:37:07 GMT
Hi Oleg,

think there is another problem with the batch
mode. Say you set bachMode 'true' and then
close the PB instance.
Then you obtain a PB from the PBF what
batchMode have this this instance? Maybe
you get another instance with batchMode 'false'.
Thus I propose to set batchMode explicit to 'false'
when PB.close() was called and we use the
batchMode attribute in jdbc-connection-descriptor
as a switch to allow batch updates or not, independently
if the database supports batch updates.

Another question:
say we have 10 products and do the following
pseudo code with PB-api

broker.beginTx
create 2 products
store the products
list = get all products
broker.commit

with batchMode 'true' list will contain 50 products,
without 52. Or does the database-driver/batch-connection
a auto-flush (executeBatch()) when a 'select' query was
done when running in batch mode to assure data-integrity?

regards,
Armin