db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Armin Waibel" <ar...@code-au-lait.de>
Subject [VOTE] Remove of sequence-manager/connection properties from OJB.properties
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 13:11:06 GMT
Hi all,

it's "voting time"! I promise this is my last 'vote' today ;-)

Next days I want to complete the metadata refactoring
and there is a last step to do.

#---------------------------------------
# SequenceManager
#---------------------------------------
I want to move the whole sequence-manager
properties stuff from the OJB.properties to
the repository.

I have made it possible (not checked in) to define
a sequence manager per jdbc-connection-descriptor
- example see below.
If you do not specify a connection-pool or/and
sequence-manager tag, OJB use default ones.
So newbies don't have to deal with that stuff and
advanced user have a bunch of configuration properties.

#-----------------------------------------------
# ConnectionFactory / Default ConnectionPool
#-----------------------------------------------
I also suggest to move the 'useAutoCommit' and
'ignoreAutocommitExceptions' properties from OJB.properties
to jdbc-connection-descriptor (as attributes) to allow a per
DB/connection handling instead of the global one.

Last I suggest to remove the 'maxConnectionsInPool'
property from OJB.properties. This could ditto easy
set in the connection-pool tag.

What do you mean?
Comments?

regards,
Armin

example:

<jdbc-connection-descriptor
        jcd-alias="farAway"
        platform="Hsqldb"
        jdbc-level="2.0"
        driver="org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver"
        protocol="jdbc"
        subprotocol="hsqldb"
        dbalias="../OJB_FarAway"
        username="sa"
        password=""
        batch-mode="false"

          <connection-pool
              maxActive="5"
              whenExhaustedAction="0"/>

          <sequence-manager className="org.apache.ojb.
                      broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerHighLowImpl">
               <attribute attribute-name="grabSize"
attribute-value="5"/>
        </sequence-manager>
    </jdbc-connection-descriptor>