db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mahler <t...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Scrollable Result Sets and Oracle JDBC Performance
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 06:30:58 GMT
Hi Matt,

Matt Mastrangelo wrote:
 > OJB's hard coded use of scrollable result sets causes a performance
 > issue with Oracle's JDBC drivers.

<snip>

 > Are there any plans to implement such a feature, which would allow
 > the explicit specification of the result set type?

No there are no such plans. At least from my side. Of course all code
contributions are welcome.

 > This would seem
 > to be crucial to OJB's compatibility with Oracle.

I don't agree that it is a crucial issue. You can set the jdbc-level
flag at runtime. SO you can already use scrollable and non-scrollable
resultsets within the same OJB application.
Maybe the solution is not elegant. But it works. And it is for free!

cheers,
Thomas