db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mahler <t...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OJB Docs
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 21:50:30 GMT
Hi Brian,

Brian McCallister wrote:
> Is anyone actively working on docs for OJB?

There is a volunteer working on polishing style and grammar of the
tutorials.

> Having just started nosing
> around the sources and trying to use OJB (ODMG and JDO, no PB yet) it
> doesn't seem like there is a whole lot of documentation -- usage or
> architecture.

I did write most of the existing OJB docs. It took me weeks, so I'm a
bit confused to here that there is not sufficient documentation avaible.
I don't say it's perfect. But alone tutorial3.html prints out as 40 pages...

Are sure you built the docs with ant xslt and read everything in
target/docs?

> I am considering writing up my notes as more formal docs, and diving
> into some architectural docs.

That's great! Of course it's good to have some more in depth
architectural docs.

> Normally I would post them to a personal
> site for people to use as they may, but as there doesn't seem to be an
> awful lot with OJB already, I figured it might be best to just write
> docs for the project itself.

That's a good idea. We will integrate such docs into the existing stuff!

> I don't want to double up on effort or step
> on anyone's toes though... so this email.

Apart from the mentioned stylistic corrections there are currently no
documentation efforts I know of.

So just let me know what you would like to add to the docs, and we'll
plan how to integrate the missing stuff into the xisting structure.

thanks,
Thomas