db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From tra...@thinkvirtual.com
Subject RE: Re: Auto Database Creation
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 04:49:08 GMT
patches have been applied and new jar is up.

travis

---- Original Message ----
From: "J. Russell Smyth" <drfish@cox.net>
Sent: 2002-12-01
To: OJB Developers List <ojb-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Auto Database Creation

I tried this out for a small test app I am writing and found a small
problem - it dosn't create the OJB_NRM table correctly for Hypersonic! -
the problem is in crossdb - the HsqldbCreateTableQuery class dosn't use
the correct types for LONGVARBINARY - and it looks like others as well,
but I didn't have the time to review that deeply.

I have a pair of patches that allows the auto stuff to work for the
OJB_NRM table, but I am not on the crossdb lists - could someone who is
(Travis?) get this patch to them? (It also removes a redundancy between
these two classes). In the mean time, I would recommend anyone wanting
to try the auto-build feature with ODMG (or any other case of using
(LONG)VARBINARY with HSQLDB) apply these patches.

Thanks
Russell