db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Nitz ...@ukr.net>
Subject New batch-mode attribute in repository.xml
Date Sun, 22 Dec 2002 18:00:46 GMT
Hi All,

I have added the "batch-mode" attribute to jdbc-connection-descriptor.
By default it is set to "false" and should be used by those users of
PersistenceBroker API that want to achieve better productivity by delaying of
prepared statements execution until the end of transaction, when they are
gathered into batches. Earlier the only way to use this feature was to call
  broker.getConnectionManager().setBatchMode(true);
Now it can be turned on globally in repository.xml
I know that this feature should be described in OJB docs, but I wouldn't like
to write docs because of my poor English. Or maybe someone should review my
text later. And tell me, please, what is the best place for description of
this feature. BTW I've noted that "eager-release" attribute of
jdbc-connection-descriptor is not described in docs as well.

Regards,
  Oleg